We are beginning to see the benefits of the New Orleans experiment in disempowering school district bureaucrats and breaking up the large districts. It is time for Rahm Emanuel to consider the same solutions for Chicago’s failing and bloated infrastructure. Phila. School District plan would dismantle central office, close schools “What we do know through [...]
Then dismantle the smaller ones. When the Washington Post starts writing editorials like this, it can’t be long before more liberals start to see the light on education. The Big Easy’s school revolution But what really distinguishes New Orleans is how government has redefined its role in education: stepping back from directly running schools and [...]
Rich Miller posted some legislator’s comment on the “Human Toll” of the upcoming budget cuts. It detailed all of the pain that would be generated from some of the cuts to Medicaid that are being discussed. The comment that I placed on this post is below. Some time around to 2005, I questioned former Rep. [...]
- Best. Econ. Videos. Ever.
- Bruno Behrend on WPWR
- Two videos to help win the budget debate
- Public Unions – Engines of unspeakable greed
- Scott Walker trying to save his state from this fate
- 5 Years ago, I was crazy. Now I’m prescient
- Another funny home made movie
- Check out my most recent post over at Heartland’s Blog
- Ein Superintendent, Ein Board, Ein Voice!
- Amazon shutting down Illinois accounts!?